Welcome to the wonderful world of Italian wine
Check out my latest reviews (282 wines): Brunello di Montalcino, Alto Adige, Soave and more Top 20 of the Month Biondi Santi 2011 Riserva Brunello di Montalcino 96 Points Cellar Selection Il Colle 2011 Brunello di Montalcino 96 Points Poggio di Sotto 2011 Riserva Brunello di Montalcino 95 Points Le Ragnaie 2012 VV Brunello di …
After years of challenges Vino Nobile is finally regaining its lofty reputation. If you haven’t tried Vino Nobile di Montepulciano lately, you’re missing out on the return of an Italian classic. While it’s still a work in progress, the last few vintages have revealed a steady rise throughout the denomination of more polished, terroir-driven wines …
Check out my latest reviews (425 wines): Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Chianti, Chianti Rufina, Carmignano and more Top 20 of the Month Il Marroneto 2012 Madonna delle Grazie Brunello di Montalcino 99 Points Cellar Selection Conti Costanti 2012 Brunello di Montalcino 98 Points Cellar Selection Altesino 2012 Montosoli Brunello di Montalcino 97 …
Here you can find all my reviews of Italian wine
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbara, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, an award winning journalist and author.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga
- See the famous Lange and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve in the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Find out more here: https://www.winescholarguild.org/italian-wine-tours/piedmont-wine-tour
Kerin O’Keefe is a wine critic, author and lecturer. She is the author of: