Welcome to the wonderful world of Italian wine
Check out my latest reviews: (487 wines): Brunello di Montalcino, Barolo and more Top 10 of the Month (excluding Brunello di Montalcino) Oddero 2013 Villero (Barolo) Rose petal, woodland berry, new leather and wild herb aromas demonstrate its … 97 Points Piedmont $80 Cellar Selection Castello dei Rampolla 2013 d’Alceo Red (Toscana) Truffle, plum, mocha and …
Check out my latest reviews: (297 wines): Valtellina, Franciacorta, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Bolgheri, Maremma Toscana and more Top 10 of the Month Arpepe 2007 Sassella Riserva Rocce Rosse (Valtellina Superiore), 98 Points, $110 Ca’ del Bosco 2008 Annamaria Clementi Dosage Zero Riserva (Franciacorta), 96 Points, $100 Barone Pizzini 2013 Naturae (Franciacorta), 95 Points, $45 …
If you want to experience the energy, elegance and age-worthy structure that first drew wine lovers and collectors to Brunello di Montalcino decades ago, then 2013 is your vintage. A classic vintage, the best 2013s boast remarkable aging potential, the likes of which I haven’t seen in years. I tasted over 181 of the just-released …
Here you can find all my reviews of Italian wine
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
to June 8th
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbera, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, an award winning journalist and author.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga
- See the famous Lange and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve in the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Find out more here: https://www.winescholarguild.org/italian-wine-tours/piedmont-wine-tour
Memories from our 2017 Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Kerin O’Keefe is a wine critic, author and lecturer. She is the author of: