Welcome to the wonderful world of Italian wine
Check out my latest reviews (172 wines): Barolo 2013 (2nd round), Barbaresco 2014, Sicilia and more Top 10 of the Month Germano Ettore 2013 Prapò (Barolo) 97 Points Cellar Selection Albino Rocca 2014 Ronchi (Barbaresco) 96 Points Cellar Selection Albino Rocca 2014 Angelo (Barbaresco) 96 Points Cellar Selection Brezza 2013 Sarmassa (Barolo) 96 Points Cellar …
Check out my latest reviews (216 wines): Barolo, Barbaresco, Dolcetto d’Alba and more Top 12 of the Month Brezza 2013 Cannubi (Barolo) 98 Points Cellar Selection Comm. G. B. Burlotto 2013 Monvigliero (Barolo) 98 Points Cellar Selection Massolino 2011 Vigna Rionda Riserva (Barolo) 98 Points Cellar Selection Giuseppe Rinaldi 2013 Brunate (Barolo) 98 Points Cellar …
If you’re a fan of Nebbiolo – the sole grape behind Barolo and Barbaresco – you’ll love the radiant, mineral-driven Nebbiolos and Nebbiolo-based offerings from Alto Piemonte. Vibrant and loaded with finesse, the best are drop-dead gorgeous, possessing age-worthy structures and impeccable balance. And if warmer temperatures and drier summers are pushing alcohol levels to …
Here you can find all my reviews of Italian wine
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbara, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, an award winning journalist and author.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga
- See the famous Lange and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve in the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Find out more here: https://www.winescholarguild.org/italian-wine-tours/piedmont-wine-tour
Kerin O’Keefe is a wine critic, author and lecturer. She is the author of: