Welcome to the wonderful world of Italian wine
Check out my latest reviews: (150 wines) Alto Adige, Lugana, Custoza and more Top 20 of the Month Tiefenbrunner 2017 Feldmarschal Von Fenner Müller-Thurgau (Alto Adige) Northeastern Italy Heady aromas of yellow stone fruit, alpine herb and white spring wildflower … Editors’ Choice 96 Points $40 Abbazia di Novacella 2017 Praepositus Grüner Veltliner (Alto Adige Valle …
Check out my latest reviews: (149 wines) Franciacorta, Rosso di Montalcino, Chiaretto, Rosato and more Top 20 of the Month Berlucchi 2012 ’61 Nature Rosé (Franciacorta) Lombardy Made entirely with Pinot Nero, this elegant sparkler is both dazzling and … 95 Points $68 Valdicava 2013 Madonna del Piano Riserva (Brunello di Montalcino) Tuscany Earthy aromas of …
Check out my latest reviews: (267 wines) Brunello di Montalcino, Barbaresco Riserva, Franciacorta and more Top 20 of the Month Biondi Santi 1995 Riserva (Brunello di Montalcino) Just re-released, this supremely elegant complex red is a testament to Brunello’s … Cellar Selection 98 Points $1100 Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona 2013 Pianrosso (Brunello di Montalcino) Wild-berry, fragrant …
Below you can find all my reviews of Italian wine
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
to June 8th
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbera, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, an award winning journalist and author.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga
- See the famous Lange and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve in the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Find out more here: https://www.winescholarguild.org/italian-wine-tours/piedmont-wine-tour
Memories from our 2017 Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Kerin O’Keefe is a wine critic, author and lecturer. She is the author of: