Welcome to the wonderful world of Italian wine
Check out my latest reviews: (336 wines): Collio, Sicilia, Alto Adige, Chiaretto and more Top 30 of the Month Russiz Superiore 2016 Sauvignon (Collio) Elegantly structured and savory, this estate’s Sauvignon is always one of the … 94 Points Northeastern Italy $28 Editors’ Choice Zuani 2016 Vigne White (Collio) Enticing scents of field flower, white …
Check out my latest reviews: (127 wines): Etna, Sicilia and more Top 10 of the Month Tenuta delle Terre Nere 2015 Prephylloxera Le Vigne di Don Peppino (Etna) Aromas of exotic spice, charred earth, Mediterranean brush and a balsamic note … 97 Points Sicily & Sardinia $85 Franchetti 2014 Red (Terre Siciliane) Made with Petit …
Check out my latest reviews: (383 wines): Bolgheri, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Alto Adige, Collio, Orvieto, Vernaccia di San Gimignano and more Top 10 of the Month Tenuta San Guido 2015 Sassicaia (Bolgheri Sassicaia) This iconic wine’s blackberry, cedar and vanilla aromas fill the glass. The … 97 Points Tuscany $235 Cellar Selection Ferrari NV Perlé …
Here you can find all my reviews of Italian wine
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
to June 8th
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbera, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, an award winning journalist and author.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga
- See the famous Lange and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve in the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Find out more here: https://www.winescholarguild.org/italian-wine-tours/piedmont-wine-tour
Memories from our 2017 Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Kerin O’Keefe is a wine critic, author and lecturer. She is the author of: