Welcome to the wonderful world of Italian wine
Check out my latest reviews: (260 wines): Barbaresco, Gattinara, Ghemme, Sardinia, Irpinia and more Top 20 of the Month Gaja 2015 Costa Russi (Barbaresco) Rose, violet, red-berry and baking-spice aromas mingle with a whiff of menthol … 99 Points Piedmont $485 Cellar Selection Gaja 2015 Sorì San Lorenzo (Barbaresco) Dark-skinned berry, pipe tobacco, a hint of …
Nel corso del 2018 sono state pubblicate su Wine Enthusiast 3399 mie recensioni di vini italiani. Qui trovate l’elenco completo: Vini italiani recensiti da Kerin O’Keefe I vini rossi italiani le cui recensioni sono apparse nel 2018 sono stati 2260. Qui trovate l’elenco completo: Vini rossi italiani recensiti da Kerin O’Keefe Un’annata di assaggi sicuramente …
Check out my latest reviews: (288 wines): Trento, Alta Langa, Etna, Metodo Classico, Lambrusco, Amarone and more Top 10 of the Month Franchetti–Passopisciaro 2016 Contrada G Nerello Cappuccio (Terre Siciliane) Enticingly fragrant, this stunning red opens with delicate but alluring scents of … 97 Points Sicily & Sardinia $79 Cellar Selection Moser 2012 Brut Nature Chardonnay …
Here you can find all my reviews of Italian wine
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
to June 8th
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbera, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, an award winning journalist and author.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga
- See the famous Lange and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve in the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Find out more here: https://www.winescholarguild.org/italian-wine-tours/piedmont-wine-tour
Memories from our 2017 Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Kerin O’Keefe is a wine critic, author and lecturer. She is the author of: