Welcome to the wonderful world of Italian wine
Check out my latest reviews: (175 wines): Barolo, Valle d’Aosta, Liguria and more Top 30 of the Month Massolino 2012 Vigna Rionda (Barolo) Underbrush, new leather, forest berry, dark spice and a whiff of fragrant … 98 Points Piedmont $150 Cellar Selection Cantina Bartolo Mascarello 2013 Barolo Fragrant and loaded with finesse, this stunning red showcases …
Giuseppe “Beppe” Rinaldi, uno dei produttori più rispettati delle Langhe, è scomparso domenica 2 settembre all’età di 70 anni. E Barolo non sarà più la stessa senza di lui. Un appassionato difensore del Barolo artigianale e tradizionale, Beppe, soprannominato anche Citrico per la sua schietta, acida franchezza e senso dell’umorismo, ha creato Baroli sensuali e …
One of Barolo’s most outspoken and respected producers, Giuseppe “Beppe” Rinaldi passed away on Sunday, September 2nd, at the age of 70. And Barolo will never be the same. A passionate defender of traditionally crafted Barolo, Beppe, nicknamed ‘Citrico’ for his scathing, acidic frankness and sense of humor, made soulful, fragrant Barolos boasting floral, earthy, …
Here you can find all my reviews of Italian wine
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
to June 8th
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbera, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, Kerin O’Keefe, an award winning journalist and author.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga
- See the famous Lange and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve in the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Find out more here: https://www.winescholarguild.org/italian-wine-tours/piedmont-wine-tour
Memories from our 2017 Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Kerin O’Keefe is a wine critic, author and lecturer. She is the author of: